Saturday, July 09, 2005

Shoes!

While we were in Amsterdam last weekend, I bought new shoes.

No, seriously, this was a moumental occasion for me. I'm a one-pair-of-shoes type of person. Or, one pair of street shoes and a pair of nice shoes for special occasions, and a pair of softball cleats. Anyway, I'd had these street shoes for a long time. I ran miles in these shoes every day for months when I first wanted to lose weight, before a trainer suggested that I get real running shoes. I wore these shoes to a Bob Dylan concert, to a ball game when Barry Bonds hit his 666'th home run, to the NASDAQ on the day of the IPO, to poker games in three states and two countries. The fabric had been worn off the insides of these shoes, and there were holes in the soles. I could feel the bumps of the cobblestones of the back streets of europe through these shoes, and when it rained the left shoe was squeaky.

But, when it rained I could also feel very wet and cold, and thus I was convinced to buy new shoes. We found an "alternative culture" shop in Amsterdam that carried skate shoes (go figure!) and I picked up a brand-new pair of brown Vans. They're super comfy, dry, and don't squeak, and I think cheaper than in the states, but I miss the bumps of the cobblestones.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good blog..Me too have the tendency to buy new shoes very often..such way i got 30 pairs for my own..

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home