Friday, June 17, 2005

We arrived in Zurich a few hours ago. I'd planned to post pictures, but so far my pictures are mostly airport-themed and my cell phone doesn't have coverage in Europe anyway so I upload them yet. So far Zurich is fun. The Zurich airport is absolutely the cleanest, most neatly organized airport I have ever seen. (There isn't even any graffiti in the tram tunnel.) By contrast, Heathrow (where we spent four hours this morning) is complete chaos. We had to take at least two buses (which drove on the wrong side of the road, dammit) and stood in three lines just to switch flights at Heathrow. I guess it wasn't that bad - at least in London they don't make you take your shoes off to prove you're not a terrorist.

Anyway, we got to Zurich and took an (expensive) cab to the office, where I picked up the apartment keys and a map and met some people. We took the tram (during rush hour) to the apartment, then went downtown in search of fondue. This turned out to be pretty easy - while the shops all close after usual business hours, a lot of the restaurants are open later.

More later - sleepy now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home